ROTARY CLUB OF MAKATI’S AIR QUALITY MONITORING SYSTEM (RCM-AQMS)
- To build public awareness of the hazardous condition of the air over Metro Manila
- To catalyze to action relevant government agencies to take immediate steps to strictly implement the provisions of the Clean Air Act to curb carbon emissions
- To mobilize private corporations, NGOs, and environment advocates to support the fight against air pollution and, thereby, avert or at least diminish the effects of climate change.
Scope and Mechanics
- The project entails the procurement, installation and operation of an air quality monitoring system with stations in strategic sites in the metro to measure the pollution index in the locality.
- The system will continuously analyze air quality and meteorological conditions and provide access to the data in real time via website and mobile app to designated outlets of broadcast, print, social media organizations and project partners.
- The media outlets and project partners shall, in turn, disseminate the air readings and health advisories, in real time, to the public.